The start of Summer has many thinking about BBQ’s, vacations and the beach. But in the Affiliate Industry, Summer is the start of planning for holiday promotions and placements.
For Affiliate Managers, now is the time to ensure an affiliate program looks it’s best over the coming holiday season. A few critical tasks should be:
- Ensure the affiliate program information is up to date. Program metrics such as AOS, conversion rate, and the PPC policy should be reviewed and updated.
- Be sure the datafeed is updated and accurate with properly formatted data. The feed should be updated daily because of changing inventory over the holiday season.
- Discuss merchant promotions. Now is the time to plan and budget for holiday promotions to avoid surprise expenses!
- Schedule new creatives. Asking a graphic designer to rush a new holiday banner will get you removed from their Christmas card list. They are busy enough without your emergency. Schedule the work in advance avoids last minute emergencies and provides time for any revisions.
- Plan for Affiliate Bonus Payments: Approval is needed to offer bonus payments or VIP commission rates. There is a significant difference in paying 10% vs 13% commissions for the affiliate who generate tens of thousands in sales.
- Most important! Contact the affiliates you want to work with over the Holiday season. Affiliates talk to many merchants, so make the best offer you can so the affiliate chooses you. Is it a Vanity Coupon Code, a VIP commission, a dedicated landing page? The options are endless so be creative!
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance!
Conducting a thorough program review coupled with a good plan will help an affiliate program make a significant contribution to the merchant’s sales over the holidays.
Please contact ThriveOPM today for assistance to prepare your program for the holiday season!